British Columbia is perfectly located on Canada’s breathtaking west coast. From our rural and remote communities to our urban and suburban cities, this splendid province has much to offer for general practitioners and their families.
Discover BC for yourself:
> Tourism BC's Official Website. Learn more
- Divisions of Family Practice are community-based groups of general practitioners working together to achieve common health care goals. There are currently 35 Divisions of Family Practice in BC encompassing more than 230 communities.
- Divisions are an excellent source of support and information for new general practitioners and their families. They are your local point of contact for community resources (e.g. job opportunities, locum needs, schools, housing, etc.).
- Health Match BC provides profiles of physicians who have relocated to work in BC and well as information to help doctors select a community that is the right fit.
- A collection of key resources help newcomers make a home in BC, improve their English and help them obtain employment.
- Learn more about immigrating, living and working in BC.