A selection of tools developed by divisions and other organizations to support retiring physicians are listed below:
- How to Retire Guide
- A thorough booklet, created by the Vancouver Division of Family Practice, to provide guidance at any stage of retirement planning, from starting a plan, to finding a replacement doctor, to closing a practice.
- Practice Transition Toolkit >
- A very comprehensive guide, created by a local division, to support physicians to transition from practice. Includes several useful templates.
Retirement and Succession Planning Workshop and CME Resources:
- Retired physicians, through the CPSBC, offer retirement CMEs.
- Contact the College for more information.
- MD Management
- Community-based workshops, information, and support for retiring GPs.
- Succession Planning Agenda
- Retirement Planning
- Sample Powerpoint presentation with speaking notes.
- Succession Planning Facilitation Guide
- Sample facilitation guide for small group discussion.
- I’m Thinking of Retiring. Now What Do I Do? Sample Small Group Learning Session agenda developed by a regional Practice Support Program Coordinator in collaboration with a Physician Lead from the Fraser Northwest Division of Family Practice.